Morris House Page
Opening hours: 9:30am - 1pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday and 9.30-4pm Thursday. excluding public holidays.
Morris House is proudly supprted by Sunshine Coast Council.
Morris House Neighbourhood Centre was established in 1998 by Landsborough Area Community Association Inc. the centre was officially opened in 1999 by Mrs Doris Morris who, with her family, was involved in the community for many years.
A grant from Caloundra City Council enabled the renovation of the building and a further grant from the Gambling Community Benefit Fund paid for equipment and furnishings for the centre.
Morris House aims to increase participation in Landsborough and the surrounding communities, by bringing people together to respond to social issues.
We are dedicated to providing caring, accessible and professional services that meet the needs of people in the community.
We aim to strengthen the self-worth of people by providing a supportive environment and treating people with respect and dignity.
Morris House provides a range of services to the Hinterland communities and is staffed wholly by volunteers.
We have computer equipment provided by a grant from the Gambling Community Benefit Fund and a colour photocopier provided by a grant from Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
The Centre has 8 up to date computers, all with broadband internet; Windows 7 and Office 2010; printers, fax machine, phone, scanners, A4 laminator, a small but well equipped kitchen, data projector with screen , colour photocopier; and overhead projector.
The centre or one of the offices are available for hire outside opening times.
We also manage the QCWA hall next door to Morris House. this hall is available for hire for very reasonable cost.
The Centre is open from 9:30am - 1pm week days, excluding public holidays.
Services available at Morris House are:
- Free use of computers (small fees apply for printer and photocopies) Colour photocopies cost extra.
- Free counselling - call or call in for an appointment
- Free use of the internet for job search
- Internet use for $2 per hour-$1 for seniors and carers (minimum charge 50c)
- Referral help
- Free Tax Help from 1st July to 31st October each year
- Free legal service
- Legal Aid Queensland Access point- we have all froms and information for applying for Legal Aid.
- Limited Emergency Relief for those in need
- Free bread
- Computer courses for very competitive cost.
- Social Media course for a very competitive cost. Please enquire to Ann ph: 07 5494 1258 or email: email@example.com
- Phone and fax use for small fees
- Photocopying- black and white or colour
- JP service each Wednesday and other times by arrangement
Contact Details for Morris House
Phone: 07 5494 1255
Fax: 07 5494 1797
Address: 478 Old Landsborough Road, Landsborough, QLD 4550